Collaby BV (“Collaby”, “we”) attaches great importance to your confidence in the correct and responsible handling of your data for the success of our training. Personal data is therefore treated and secured by Collaby with the greatest possible care. The collection, processing (such as storing, changing, sending, blocking and deleting) and use of your personal data will only take place in accordance with the current protective rules and provisions according to the General Data Protection Regulation. Here we will briefly discuss our main principles regarding the collection, processing and use of your personal data.
2 Data we collect
We collect certain data directly from you, such as information that you enter yourself and data about your participation in the course. We also automatically collect some data, such as information about your device and which parts of our platform you interact with or spend time with.
2.1 Data you provide us
We may collect different information from or about you depending on how you interact with Collaby. Below are some examples to help you better understand the information we collect.
When you create an account and use the online platform, we collect all data that you provide directly, including:
- Account details: when registering for the platform or participating in one of our events, you must regularly create a user account. When you create or update one, we collect and store the information you provide, such as your email address, password, home address, gender, and date of birth, and assign you a unique identification number.
- Profile data: you can also choose to provide profile information, such as a photo and other data. Your profile information is visible to other members.
- Shared content: The platform allows you to interact with other users or share content, for example by posting reviews on the course page, asking or answering questions, sending messages to students or instructors. Such shared content may be visible to other members depending on where it is posted.
- Course data: When you enroll in a course, we collect certain data, including which assignments and quizzes you have started and completed; your exchanges with the instructor(s), teaching assistants and other students and answers to questions and other items submitted to meet course requirements.
- Payment dates: You must provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partner. For security reasons, Collaby does not collect or store sensitive cardholder information, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication information.
- Information about your accounts with other services: We may obtain certain information from your social media or other online accounts if they are connected to your Usights account. If you sign up to Usights through Facebook or another third-party platform or service, we will ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account. For example, depending on the platform or service, we may collect your name, profile picture, account ID number, login email address, location, physical location of your access devices, gender, birthday, and list of friends or contacts.
Those platforms and services make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings) or the platform or service decide to give us.
If you access or use our online course through a third-party platform or service, or click on third-party links, the collection, use, and sharing of your information is also subject to that third party’s privacy policies and other agreements.
The data mentioned above is stored by us and linked to your account.
2.2 Information we collect through automated means
When you access the Platform, we collect certain information by automated means, including:
- System data: Technical data about your computer or device, such as your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other system data and platform types.
- Usage Data: Usage statistics about your interactions with our platform, including modules opened, time spent on pages, pages visited, features used, click data, date and time and other data related to your use of the platform.
- Geographic Estimated Data: An approximate geographic location, including information such as country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated from your IP address.
The above information is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as described in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and linked to your account.
3 How do we collect data
We use tools such as cookies, web beacons, analytics services, and advertising providers to collect the data listed above. Some of these tools allow you to opt out of data collection.
3.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Collaby uses the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to log in to secure areas of our website.
- Analytical cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can easily find what they are looking for.
- Marketing cookies: These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This allows us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. These cookies also record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, the advertisements displayed on it and communications more relevant to your interests.
We use the external platform Google Analytics on our website. This helps us analyze usage on the platform by, for example, finding out where our visitors come from, how often they visit a specific page, how long they visit it, etc. That data is fully anonymized by Google Analytics. We use this data to improve the platform and better understand how our website performs on different devices.
3.3 Online ads
We use third-party advertising services, such as Facebook and Google. The ads may be based on things we know about you, such as your usage data and system data (as described in Section 1), and things these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads may be based on your recent activity or activity over time and from other sites, and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect information about your use of our website. They may also have access to those tracking technologies in order to serve you tailored advertisements.
4 What do we collect data for
We use your data to enable things such as delivering our courses digitally, communicating with you, protecting against fraud and abuse, improving and updating our platform, analyzing how people use our platform, serving personalized advertisements. and as required by law or necessary for security and integrity.
We use the information we collect through your use of our website to:
- provide and operate our platform, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- process your purchase;
- communicate with you about your account by:
- respond to your questions and comments;
- send you administrative messages and information, including messages from your tutor, notifications about changes to our service and updates to our agreements;
- manage your account preferences;
- facilitate the technical operation of our platform, including troubleshooting, securing the website and preventing fraud and abuse;
- solicit feedback from users;
- administer surveys, promotions and marketing;
- link more information about you to additional data through third-party data providers or by analyzing the data using analytics service providers;
- identify unique users across devices;
- tailoring ads to different devices;
- improve our courses and add new features;
- analyze trends and traffic;
- share job seekers’ data with recruiting employers;
- as required or permitted by law; or
- as we, in our sole discretion, may otherwise deem necessary to ensure the security or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public or our platform.
5 With whom do we share your data
We share certain information about you with your instructor(s), other students, recruiting employers, companies that perform services for us, analytics and data enrichment providers, and your social media providers. We may also share your information as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a business restructuring. Finally, we may share information in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
- With your instructor(s): We share some of the information we have about you with your instructor(s) so that he/she can improve his/her course. If we collect additional information about you (such as age or gender), we may share that as well. We will not share your email address with your instructor(s).
- With other students: Depending on your settings, your shared posts (such as comments on blog posts) and profile information may be viewed publicly.
- With service providers, contractors and agents: We share your information with third-party companies that provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, and in the future, data analytics, marketing and advertising services, and hosting services. These service providers may have access to some of your personal information and are required to use it only as we submit it.
- With recruiting employers: if you have uploaded your CV when participating in one of our job initiatives, we will share it with recruiting employers. They, in turn, handle your CV as well as all your personal data with care.
- To administer promotions and surveys: We may share your information as necessary to administer, market or promote promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law (such as providing winners list or mandatory submissions), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- For security and legal compliance: We may disclose your information to third parties if we have a good faith belief (in our sole discretion) that the disclosure:
- permitted or required by law;
- requested as part of a judicial or legal investigation, order or proceeding;
- reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant or other lawful request;
- required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- reasonably necessary to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Usights, our users, employees, or the Platform.
- During a change of control: If Usights undergoes a corporate transaction such as an acquisition, dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your information to the organization (which taking over) during the transition or when considering a transition (including during due diligence).
- After aggregation/de-identification: We may disclose or use aggregated or anonymized data for any purpose.
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of the data being stored. As with any system with the Internet, there is always a risk of unauthorized access. So it’s important to protect your password and contact us if you suspect that your account has been given unauthorized access.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, no system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Collaby, the Platform, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Platform, will be free from unauthorized access. By a third party. Your password is an important part of our security system and it is your responsibility to protect it. Do not share your password with third parties and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately. You can also always contact email@example.com if you are concerned.
7 Your rights
You have certain rights regarding the use of your data, including the ability to unsubscribe from promotional emails, cookies and the collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from our platforms, and you can also contact us for individual rights requests over your personal information.
7.1 Your choices about the use of your data
You can choose not to provide certain information to us, but you may also not be able to use certain functions of the website:
- To stop receiving promotional emails, you can unsubscribe via the opt-out of the promotional communications you receive. Please note that regardless of your email preferences, we will send you transactional messages, important updates about the platform and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use allows you to manage cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device also allows you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
- Visit the Your Online Choices site for information and control over cookies used for participating companies’ tailored advertising. To opt out of Google display ads or to customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- If you do not want Google Analytics to consult your data to obtain analysis reports, you can opt out via the opt-out of our cookies.
If you have any questions about your data, our use of it or your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.2 Consult, edit and delete your personal data
You can access and update your personal information that we collect and maintain as follows:
- To update information you have provided to us directly, log in to your account and update your account at any time at ‘www.u-sights.be/members/ + your username’
- If you wish to consult, correct or delete your personal data, send us an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us by sending your request to Collaby BV, Stationsstraat 69, 3360 Bierbeek, Belgium . We will respond within 24 hours of receiving the request. We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
8 Updates & Contact info